The role of Analyst Engineering will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. The characteristics include being versatile, displaying leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC, ultimately assisting in moving technology forward.
About the role
Apply relevant specialist knowledge and experience to understand, influence and advise internal and/or external clients. Functions including the use of discretion/delegation and authority may be carried out within clearly defined policies, principles and specific objectives and may include people leadership roles with leadership accountability for a team, or teams, of employees. Employees are responsible for the delivery of work but accountability may sit at a higher Group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Estimate of the effort required to implement the software user stories then develop and validate the components.
- Development of Code / Debugging.
- Contribute to User Stories creation including but not limit to Acceptance Criteria and Test Acceptance Criteria.
- Develop test automation (Unit, Component, Integrated Component and Feature) scripts to validate the acceptance criteria contained in the user stories.
- Develop scripts that deploy the software components onto the infrastructure and then validate them.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on issues discovered in the software components.
- Proactively address issues discovered in software components, infrastructure and scripts.
- Ensure that quality and SDLC procedures defined for the position within the service are followed.
- Ensure that an automation first approach is followed.
- Participate in production releases.
- Ensure Configuration Management and Knowledge Management processes are adhered to - Own, manage and demonstrate uplift from PIRs for continuous improvement on the release process.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in Programming and Applications Design, with general IT experience, coupled with tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of database packages such as Oracle RDS, Postgres, Redis.
- Excellent Programming Skills: React, TypeScript.
- Nice to have: AngularJs, Java Spring, GraphQl, NodeJs.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Automated testing frameworks and processes.
- Dev Ops experience and familiar with Jenkins, CI / CD pipelines.
- Strong in AWS or similar Cloud Based technology.
Experience with the Agile software development approach.
Full time permanent position