Our Federal Government Client is looking for a System Analyst.
The Client is upgrading their Export Certification systems to deliver modern, high quality, robust and easy to use software solutions for a variety of export commodities. We are looking for a highly effective System Analyst to join within their Digital Business Division. This role requires a passionate individual that can work across business stakeholders and product teams to evaluate inefficiencies in processes to enable the implementation of optimised, cost-effective solutions.
The individual filling this role will have a client focused 'can-do' attitude and a strong focus on solutions rather than problems. Candidates will have experience managing large complex programs and projects using agile techniques and delivery methods, that combine multiple technology disciplines to deliver business outcomes faster. Candidates should enjoy interacting with clients and product teams in settings ranging from planning to delivery.
The role is responsible for working directly within a product team with business stakeholders to continually assess, improve-on and modernise solutions, platform infrastructure, security, performance, and implementation. The individual in this role will collaborate heavily with product owners, delivery managers, technical leads and architecture functions.
- Coordinates with the product team and users to identify system problems; assess severity of the issues and prioritises responses as appropriate
- Collaborates with the product team to resolve issues and errors.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily standups, playback/showcases, and retrospectives.
- Works with the product team and users to identify system requirements, develops processing procedures and systems modifications to meet these specifications
- Uses structured and cost analysis to identify and inform recommended solutions
- Drafts informational materials and graphics to explain systems to stakeholders and users.
- Prepares technical specifications and documents for the product team
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software and ability to act as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending ways to optimise business practices and system functionality and behaviour.
- Takes responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, to ensure acceptable system quality and integrity.
- A strong understanding and ability to develop functional specifications for use by developers and demonstrated ability to create system and user documentation and to communicate these to all stakeholders.
- Strong track record in complex service delivery within large agile transformation environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with agile and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in implementing technical integration systemsStrong track record in analytical and problem-solving skills
The role has an initial contract to 31 December 2024 with a possible 6-month contract extension. It is the Client's preference for the work to be done in Canberra, however flex working arrangements can be discussed in interview.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: # 259392
The closing date for this role is on Thursday, 07 December, 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.