Our Federal Government Client is seeking an End User Compute Engineer.
This is a long-term contract role with an initial duration of 6 months, and the potential for a 12-month extension. The work location is in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), and working arrangements are negotiable.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Play a key role in establishing a hybrid/cloud-based environment for workstations.
- Utilize technical skills in implementing hybrid/cloud environments, supporting and managing SOE/MOE through Intune, MECM, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Hybrid/Cloud services/technologies, and scripting language for process automation.
- Undertake implementation activities to establish a hybrid/cloud environment.
- Manage service, task, and incident requests logged through the service management tool.
- Participate actively in incident and problem resolution.
- Plan, conduct, and monitor proactive maintenance activities.
- Conduct root cause analysis, problem rectification, and system changes.
- Administer and modify Group Policy objects.
- Provide input to regular reports on system availability, performance, patch management, and security.
- Collaborate with IT Security for SOE/MOE security hardening.
- Demonstrate leadership in mentoring junior staff.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Proven experience in implementing a hybrid/cloud environment and utilizing cloud technologies.
- Experience and knowledge in a broad range of technical skills, including Intune, Microsoft Active Directory, MECM (SCCM), O/S & Application packaging, patching, process automation (e.g., PowerShell scripting), and Group policy management.
- Experience in maintaining and mitigating Essential 8 matters and managing a vulnerability scanning tool.
- Experience in creating technical documentation.
- Strong client service focus, delivering quality customer service, communication, and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with a Negative Vetting Level 1 clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 0262689778 quoting Job Reference: #258963.
The closing date for this role is on Sunday, 12 November 2023.
Expression of Interest for other positions will remain open until 30 November 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.