Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Assistant Systems Administrator.
This is a fixed-term or non-ongoing contract role located at our client's office in Canberra, ACT.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Design and implement system specifications, user documentation, and training manuals
- Assist in the delivery of formal training sessions
- Provide vendor management support and work on future upgrades, modifications, and other business needs within the LIMS
- Develop LIMS processes that are validated and fit for purpose
- Perform server administrator tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, research event log warnings, and errors, and resource monitoring
- Administer functional updates to systems, including migration of new/enhanced configuration and module changes between development, testing, and production environments
- Provide change and configuration management, including the development of Change Control procedures
- Undertake activities to develop knowledge and expertise in relation to professional skills
- Prioritize and manage time to provide an efficient and effective service to meet internal and external client expectations, within a regulatory environment
- Work independently or under limited guidance and with a high level of initiative, integrity, and flexibility to support the work practices of the team and the day-to-day operations of the laboratory
- Provide innovative advice and support changes that may affect Science and Surveillance Group and/or delivery of key outputs to clients
- Promote and ensure compliance with departmental WH&S, Quality, & Environmental Management System policies, guidelines, and actively report risks and opportunities for improvement in relation to these systems.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Experience in requirements elicitation within a continuous improvement, corporate systems, and Agile project environment
- Experience in the development of user stories, use cases, or other modern elicitation techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of the analytical requirements of a diagnostic laboratory
- Knowledge in any programming languages and database management systems
It is desirable if you have:
- A degree or diploma in a relevant science field from an Australian tertiary institution or comparable overseas qualification
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 0262689778 quoting Job Reference: # 259159.
The closing date for this role is on 20 December 2023.
Expression of Interest for other Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Assistant Systems Administrator roles will remain open until 30 December 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.