Our client, a well-respected employer of choice, is seeking a Workforce Forecasting and Scheduling Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role will provide operational support within the IT Service Desk across workforce forecasting and rostering, interpreting impacts from internal and external factors and historical data to future workload requirements.
Liaising with business partners across all levels you will demonstrate excellent people and communication skills. In addition you will be analytical and enjoy new challenges. The right candidate will relish the opportunity to implement better practices / processes and be able to recommend and implement new solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce Accurate workload forecasts using input data from workforce management tools
- Interpret forecast data in operational terms, including volumes, workload/FTE, errors, outliers and seasonal factors.
- Determine which forecast inputs significantly improve a forecast model, and/or which type of model is most suitable for particular operational requirements.
- Interpreting how changes in forecast inputs will impact resourcing requirements.
- Scenario-planning with business partners to test alternate resourcing approaches or changes to critical forecast input values (such as handle times, productivity, etc).
- Design and development (or enhancement of existing) forecast models (e.g. in Excel, SQL, R, SAS, etc.)
- Designing and testing alternate models to determine whether or not they offer significant improvement.
Skills and experience include:
- Highly desirable is experience working with an Operations or Contact Centre environment
- Demonstrated rostering and scheduling capabilities
- Strong understanding and ability to manage and report regulated service metrics, staff resource levels
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Prior working experience in a similar role working within a corporate, enterprise enviroment
- Minimum of 12 months experience in forecasting and rostering role.
- Knowledge in Operations' metrics, including Average Handle Times, Volumes, Utilisation, Productivity, Shrinkage (or similar)
- Good mathematical and/or statistical aptitude
For your chance to work for a leading organisation and a great team environment please apply online, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Katrina or Karen on (08) 8112 7400