Our client is a large government department. They are currently seeking a Web Content Writer on an initial 6 month contract.
In this role, you will be part of a collaborative team that works with others across the branch to strategically integrate a large suite of digital products and services to provide a seamless end-to-end client experience.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Write and structurally edit accessible web content for customer, corporate and community audience
- Liaise with subject matter experts across the business to ensure content accuracy
- Develop and deliver content that meets best practice plain English, accessibility, editorial and brand standards
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- Use analytics and metrics to plan and create content that meets customer needs and business objectives.
- Use SEO principles to optimise online ranking
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice for digital content, particularly with reference to plain English and accessibility (WCAG2.1), with a user centric approach
- Extensive experience in writing and editing for the web within large and complex organisations
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Has worked on sites with a range of complex policy and regulatory content
- Tertiary qualification in web-based communications or equivalent relevant working experience preferred
- Be a team player who is customer and client focused
- Ability to translate complex information (such as legal jargon) into clear and simple language, in line with job stories
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- System skills across MS Office, CMS, and social media platforms
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #206732