About the role
The Technical Solutions Developer is a key member of the Business Systems team and supports the Professional Practice team in their ongoing implementation and maintenance of the Moodle platform. It reports to the Manager, Business Systems.
The Business Systems team:
- Deliver technical solutions to internal business users and members of the College.
- Evaluate and design technology solutions and services in accordance with agreed architectural standards; and
- Implement approved technology solutions and services in accordance with organisational requirements and expectations; and
- Undertake the provision of system support services and routine maintenance of technology solutions whilst continually seeking improvement opportunities.
The role supports the delivery, extension and ongoing maintenance of the Moodle technology platform based on business requirements and approved specifications for the Professional Practice team, working closely with the Digital Learning team. Furthermore, as a senior member of the team, it provides technical leadership and guidance on complex projects and problem resolution to more junior staff. Key to this role is to ensure all systems are maintained effectively and are operating on supported levels.
- Successful delivery of agreed Moodle solutions and functionality in line with business requirements and in line with budget and agreed timeframes.
- Implement technology solutions aligned with agreed IT architecture and strategy.
- Develop and maintain detailed solution designs and technical documentation.
- Provide support for existing solutions and change management for business requests.
- Manage source code including version control for development.
- Effectively estimate work effort, costs, and impact of solutions from a project perspective.
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities in conjunction with agreed business units.
- Vendor management including leading initial discussions with vendors as required.
Competencies required for success
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens
- Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building digital and technology applications
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Skills and experience
- >7 years' experience as a Senior Application Developer.
- Strong experience in implementing web and mobile solutions using common technologies such as PHP, Moodle development, HTML5, MVC, Web API
- Sound understanding of core technologies such as ERP, CRM, Learning Management (Moodle etc), and Content Delivery
- Solid experience in integration methods and techniques
- Solid understanding of application security protocols and authentication methods
- Broad knowledge of current development tools and practices (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, testing methods, peer review, Scrum etc)
- Demonstrable solution and project delivery experience especially in Agile
- Familiarity with cloud solutions such as PaaS and SaaS platforms and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of database technologies such as SQL
- Experience in planning, developing, and maintaining technical documentation.
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to, and work effectively in teams
- Thorough experience in MS Project, Excel Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Products
- Exposure to Moodle (or equivalent) development methodologies and framework
- Exposure to Wordpress plugin development
- Experience in developing user acceptance test scripts &/or involvement in co-ordinating user acceptance testing
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Pravin on 0282672485 quoting reference 245730.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.