Sydney or Melbourne based
Work on a variety of exciting Projects
Working within a close-knit team
The Solution Analyst provides trusted consultation and advice to stakeholders across the organisation by identifying and understanding their needs, assisting them through project scoping activities, facilitating requirements elicitation, and leading and influencing the solution design approach to implement innovative solutions that contribute towards adding value to the Business
- Provide consultation, solution analysis and design services for new and existing applications within the IT environment to deliver the agreed project outcomes on time, within budget, and aligned with the Organisations strategic goals
- Contribute to programme / project initiation This involves:
- developing plans and ideas;
- developing business cases for new investments.
- gathering requirements,
- assessing options.
- managing any associated risks;
- designing and recommending solutions.
- lead process improvements to deliver a high level of service to the business.
- Develop an understanding of business unit and Company-wide strategies, goals and plans to clearly translate and articulate business needs and strategies into clear Technology outcomes, solutions and services. Contribute to the business area's annual budgeting and strategic planning processes.
- Contribute to the business area's annual budgeting and strategic planning processes in consultation with the nominated supervisor.
- Undertake high-level investigation and research to enhance the utilisation and delivery of applications that support the business's strategic and operational goals.
- Provide expert advice concerning the potential and use of technology. This involves informing and educating business leaders on emerging technology trends and capabilities, and identifying opportunities to adopt new technology and prove concepts
- Liaise with external vendors and integration partners for design formulation and technical specifications to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to business requirements, implement new applications and enhancements to existing applications to ensure they continue to meet changing needs of the organisation.
- Provide expertise and solutions to resolve technical challenges arising from IT projects, specifically business system implementations and changes
- Work collaboratively with the business area leadership teams, IT Strategy and Planning, Application Delivery and Infrastructure teams to enhance design / quality of existing and new applications to ensure solution implementation is in accordance with the requirements specification and design.
Key Skills and Essential Experience
- Qualification - Postgraduate qualifications in Computer Science, Information Systems and extensive relevant experience in business / solution analysis; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience - Proven experience in requirements elicitation, stakeholder engagement and producing high quality documentation; overseeing the design, development, and implementation of enterprise application systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle; optimising and integrating business processes across disparate systems
- Knowledge - Excellent understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and exposure to reporting, Enterprise Integration (via Enterprise Service Bus), Business Intelligence and Enterprise Applications (Dynamics CRM, Sitecore CMS and SharePoint).
- Skill - Strong written and interpersonal communication skills including experience providing specialist technical advice of a complex nature within an information technology setting covering many technologies and environments.
If interested in the role please select APPLY or contact Richard.email@example.com quoting reference 238927