We are looking to hire a Software Manager for one of our premier clients. This role is reporting into the Head of Solution with 13 direct reports on a permanent basis. You will lead & manage a highly effective team of Software Project Managers, Senior & Junior Analyst, Solutions Architects, responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of projects within the Software department. This role requires someone with proven experience working within a Logistics/manufacturing/supply chain background.
- This position is a cost management position, you will act as a member of the company's extended management team
- As Cost Centre Manager you will make the necessary decisions within the yearly approved cost centre budget
- Lead, build and manage a team of:
- The Software Project Managers will be responsible for managing the delivery of both the Software scope of supply of each project
- Senior and Junior Engineers will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing of customised functionality while making full use of product aligned with Software Strategy
- Solutions Architects will be responsible to represent software community in the sales phase working closely with product centre and sales team to provide best possible solutions to maximise the standard software and processes
- Adopt the role of Software Process Owner
- Ensure all software projects are realized per defined processes, are delivered on schedule & within budget while maintaining customer-focus and high quality.
- Responsible to ensure that regular software project reviews take place and that risks and problems are identified early and attended to.
- Regular updates of the capacity plan and review with the Software Project Managers / Project Managers, Software Realisation Costs Centre budgeting and maintaining the contact with SCC.
- You will also support sales and system design in the design, estimation and review process and is responsible to review fixed price Software Realisation estimates.
- Proven track record as Software Project Manager
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide range of technical and project management related tasks working with an experienced team of Professional Engineers and Project Managers
- Proven experience of managing successful projects in terms of scope, budget and warranty
- Have working knowledge of the Warehouse and Distribution business sector
- Good IT experience in an Oracle, Java, Application Server and Web environment
- Exposure to automation
If you're interested, then please submit your resume by hitting the APPLY NOW button or email your resume to Jayd.Venters@Peoplebank.com.au quoting job reference number: 197678