Sydney or Melbourne based
Work on a variety of Software Application Projects
work within a close knit Team
The Software Architect to provide technical leadership across the organisation, from strategic decision making to project planning, in line with the Organisations architectural roadmap and principles. The position will work very closely with developers and other key stakeholders to properly implement solutions and ensure they meet business requirements.
The role will Involve in a variety of projects the position is responsible for translating project requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for solutions developed. The position is also involved in the functional analysis of developing the initial requirements and supporting projects at the time of inception through to completion.
- Develop technical plans for business change programs and cooperate with the relevant IT staff and stakeholders to ensure that appropriate technical resources are available.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures that address specific business needs for functional areas. Produce detailed component specifications and translate these into detailed designs for implementation using the most suitable products.
- Work effectively with clients to understand technological requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identify, evaluate and recommend options and implement as required to deliver project requirements.
- Maintain in-depth and current knowledge of specific technical specialisations including any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area and provide expert advice regarding their application into the ICT systems
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of any emerging technologies. Identify new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products, assessing their relevance and potential value to the Organization
- Collaborate with, and facilitate stakeholder groups, as part of formal and/or informal consultation in order to fully address client needs. Enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the client and their staff, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited
- Deliver staff and management briefings and presentations to maintain a shared understanding of technical solutions provided and ensure the appropriate utilisation of tools and software for effective solution designs.
Key Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in Computer Science, Information Systems and extensive relevant experience in solutions architecture or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability / experience to design and contribute to implementation of the enterprise systems (COTS/SaaS) as part of a complete system lifecycle or as part of a complex IT project, providing solution design services, optimising and integrating business processes across disparate systems, aligning with organisational objectives and business requirements.
- Proven expertise in the Microsoft Technology stack (.Net), Java and Enterprise Integration and API Management solutions in an object oriented and service-oriented architecture, with a demonstrated ability in identifying technical issues, thinking laterally and applying analytical skills to develop appropriate options for resolution.
- Proven experience of analysing business/functional and technical requirements and conducting following activities: 1. Conduct market scan for solution options through an appropriate cost-benefit (cost, functional, and technical fitness) analysis and recommended candidate solution. 2. Develop a high-level solution design for a recommended solution in line with organization's Enterprise Architecture principles and standards and facilitate review and approval of the design by business, IT SMEs, and ICT Governance.
- Demonstrated experience in the establishment, review and continuous improvement of IT Architecture within a University or similar environment.
- Excellent communication skills including experience in providing specialist technical advice, support and assistance of a critical and complex nature within an information technology setting covering many technologies and environments
If interested in the role please select APPLY or contact Richard.email@example.com quoting reference 238926