Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Business Process Modeller (Service Modeller) for a contract role until 30 June 2019 with extension options at their location in Canberra.
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Collaborating with analysts to interpret business context and understand functional requirements
- Translating Requirements documents into Service Schemas and Macros
- Creating service unit tests
- Writing source code to meet design specifications
- Testing for unit functionality
- Documenting technical documentation standards
- Collaborating with service architects to improve design patterns
- Establishing criteria and prove individual services measure up
- Leveraging patterns defined by service architects
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to establish repeatable process and best practice for internal use
- 3+ years' experience demonstrating ability to design and model services;
- Ability to understand, articulate and SOA design patterns and to implement the appropriate patterns
- Deep understanding of the following:
- Service life-cycle;
- Messaging, message models and canonical models
- XML Schema and how it relates to web services in particular SOAP style web services
- REST API Description Languages and REST style services
- Understanding of reliable messaging and associated patterns, publish/subscribe etc
- Ability to derive and document a service specification in collaboration with IT and business teams
- Ability to translate a service specification into a service design
- Experience with service design tools
- Specified Personnel must hold a current Australian Government Security Clearance (AGSVA) or be willing to undergo and obtain an AGSVA clearance (Baseline clearance as a minimum)
- Specified Personnel must be willing to undergo and obtain an Employment Suitability Clearance (ESC)
- Excellent working knowledge of MQ and reliable messaging protocols (e.g. JMS, AMQP).
- Exposure to a SOA platform such as DataPower or IBM Integration Bus
- Understanding Service Registries and how to apply them at design time and run-time;
- Practical understanding of Microservices, domain driven design and how these impact service design;
- Good documentation and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of UML and UML tools such as EA Sparx.
To progress with this opportunity, or to find out more about the role, please reach out to Marina on 02 6245 1724 Job Reference: 187932
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the position.