About the role
The primary function of the role is to be the service desk manager for our client, supporting 5 business/services. The core functions of this role will include but are not limited to; management of the service desk team, setting daily tasks and direction, managing daily stand up calls, triage and allocation of tickets to the level 2 support team, managing daily escalations and managing team queue logs.
Including but not limited to:
- You will take active ownership of managing or supporting the team leader to triage and assign tickets to the Service Desk team on a daily basis.
- You will actively support the resolution of tickets alongside the Service Desk team
- Manage daily escalations
- Review and management; Incidents, Service Requests, Events, Problems and the Change Management Lifecycle. Including updating and closing of incident tickets using IT Service Management Toolset (JIRA)
- Where necessary, log jobs with third party providers / suppliers
- Relocation, decommission and new site set up management (with property teams etc)
- Monitor and problem solve customer networks and key IT infrastructure
- Management and support of in scope platforms, including Local and Cloud, On Premise and cloud active directory (including Azure AD) and internal systems - In scope platforms include Office 365, Office Exchange, Active Directory, Cisco Meraki
Skills and experience
- Technical Knowledge - An in depth understanding of the following technologies:
- Windows 10 and associated deployment technologies (Intune, WDS)
- Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory and Office 365 including administration and problem solving
- Experience in a similar role with a minimum of 3 years' experience
- Excellent knowledge of related Windows Server technologies (e.g., Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP)
- Experience with enterprise configuration management tools (e.g. Intune\SCCM) and monitoring tools (e.g. Cisco Meraki for monitoring all Networks)
- Knowledgeable of cloud computing (e.g., AWS or Azure)
- Helpdesk Support ticket tools experience (e.g., Jira preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of scripting and automation (e.g., PowerShell) - preferred but not essential
- Microsoft server Operating Systems 2012R2, 2016 - preferred but not essential.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Geordie McPherson at email@example.com
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.