Description/Name: Senior Procurement Manager- Government Background
Location: Sydney Central
Duration: 12 months
- Sound knowledge of the current trends and best practice in strategic procurement and demonstrated experience in the development and application of strategic procurement within a large, complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging effectively with internal government procurement departments to develop appropriate procurement strategies and engage third party suppliers, in line with procurement policy requirements and value for money principles.
- Strong experience in mentoring and developing team members to deliver fit for purpose and timely advice and deliverables.
- Proven ability to prepare concise accurate briefings and option papers and reports for management and clients, and conduct presentations and briefings to small groups.
- Tertiary qualification in a procurement field or relevant discipline or equivalent experience and a strong knowledge of statutory procurement, commercial management, and a sound knowledge of contract law.
- Leadership motivate, encourage
- Change Support change
- Teamwork lead the procurement team
- Strategy Support development
- Continuous Improvement Implement sustainable
- Procurement Advice Support functional managers
- Procurement Reporting & Document Management Systems
- Ethics and probity Promote the Public-Sector Values
- Safety Comply with the System Requirement.