About the company
Our client is a pre-eminent, independent Australian law firm with over 80 partners and 630 staff across our offices nationally. We are repeatedly recognised as a leading legal service provider in the Chambers Asia Pacific.
This is a great role for someone to truly make their mark in the Risk and Compliance area. You will provide advice and effectively manage the Risk and Compliance issues for the firm.
- Oversee risk management across the firm, including assessing the firm's risk status, assessment of existing policies and procedures and identifying and reporting risks.
- Ensure that the firm has a cost-effective, consistent and integrated approach to risk management across its offices.
- Recommend and implement where relevant, projects, initiatives and changes to systems, policies and procedures to minimise risk, including a structured system by which progress and achievement can be measured and reported.
- Oversee the development and continuous improvement of the firm's information security framework.
- Ensure firm and employee compliance with internal policies and procedures, and the relevant legislative framework.
- Conduct appropriate audits to ensure adherence to information security standards.
- Undertake and participate in periodic compliance reviews and reporting.
- Investigate and report compliance breaches.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities.
- Ensure the firm has adequate systems and processes to maintain compliance with applicable privacy legislation and to ensure total confidentiality in respect of client information.
Our client offers
- up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers
- flexible work practices and work life balance
- regular social events and functions so you can relax with your colleagues
- regular fitness sessions, group sporting events or yoga via our Health and Wellbeing Committee
For more information please contact Ben Neal and quote job #200684