Our SOR client is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to assist them with a major systems upgrade, until the end of the year. Specifically, you will be managing infrastructure migration of on-premise corporate IT systems to AWS cloud hosting.
The Project Manager is responsible for the definition, management and successful completion of a large scale and/or complex project or suite of related projects which have significant business and high profile impact. Responsible for project/program scope and governance as well as monitoring and controlling project resources and costs and managing the expectations of all project stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure projects are delivered.
You will be required to:
- Plan direct, and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement the project/program of projects from proposal initiation to final operational stage including the transition into "business-as-usual" (BAU).
- Engage and influence senior managers and key stakeholders to ensure projects will deliver on agreed objectives and align with relevant strategic plans and business goals.
- Work with stakeholders to prepare business cases and project briefs to support project proposals.
- Develop project plans, securing adequate resources and negotiating the project timetable with the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage all phases of the project, dealing with emergent issues and undertaking problem-solving/troubleshooting as required to keep the project on track.
- Manage project resourcing requirements and make appropriate recommendations for budgeting and management purposes.
- Ensure appropriate risk management is carried out for projects, escalating risks as required to ensure action is taken to mitigate them.
- Regularly monitor and report on project progress, updating the status using the approved project management systems, templates and tools.
- Responsible for project governance processes which may include chairing relevant committees, working parties or focus groups.
- Extensive experience at a senior level of Project Management
- Demonstrated high level planning, management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated high level verbal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing significant change.
- Proven experience of delivering technology projects, that includes software development, infrastructure and business applications.
- Working knowledge of utilising Agile methodologies and tools
- Previous experience working with a large financial or HR systems upgrade project or BI data warehouse upgrade project.
Please "Apply Now" to be considered for this opportunity.