Our IT Consulting Client is seeking a skilled Lead Back End Engineer.
This is for a long-term contract of 12 Months plus 12 Months Extension Option. This is located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Lead the technical development for large areas of the product, provide guidance in software
design and development activities such as planning and code reviews
- Build quality software that conforms to engineering best practices - writing well-documented and easily readable code with automated tests
- Champion a focus on software qualities such as testability, security, scalability, operability
- Analyse business objectives and identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Design and implement technical solutions
- Provide accurate estimates for the development effort for new features
- Apply and promote industry best patterns and practices
- Contribute to the strategic engineering goals of TM Embed
- Proficient in designing and developing back-end services, defining, and creating
REST/GraphQL API's supporting front-end clients
- Cultivate strong collaborations with product, engineering, and senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrates attitudes and behaviours responsive to workplace change (including
participates in and encourages others to participate in change and contribute to successful
- Establishes clear expectations and creates an environment to achieve stated goals and
objectives, takes ownership and honours commitments
- Maintains an understanding of their/worker responsibilities under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and a commitment to promoting a healthy and safe workplace.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc
- Strong experience working with one of the Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB) and containerised environments (Docker)
- Experience in working with Typescript (NodeJS), Python, Java
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Docker, etc).
- Hands-on development and delivery experience in building digital products with a broad mix of languages and technologies, with a familiarity with code versioning tools (Git, Github)
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #248152
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.