About the role
A high performing team at a large financial organisation which offers a great work environment and interesting project work are looking for Java Developers who have previous experience working with Trading, Investment, Foreign Exchange, Financial Markets or Equity applications. Working in a specific area of this organisation your role will support the delivery of their service through delivering the required designs, changes, development and testing of the relevant software. This is a six month contract role based in Melbourne's CBD.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Development, testing, delivery and maintenance of technological solutions/ application software.
- Ownership/accountability for the investigation of user requirements/problems and develop technology solutions in accordance with business needs by
- Produce detailed specifications, develop, maintain and test programs according to detailed technical, functional and non-functional specifications.
- Develop operating and system documentation.
- Use technical specifications, requirements, standards and procedures to develop / modify structured code to produce quality programs as part of an application development or problem resolution activity
About the successful candidate
- Highly proficient in core Java programming and open source Java frameworks
- Financial markets domain knowledge (Foreign Exchange in particular or Front Office, Trading, Investment, Financial Markets or Equity)
- Recent experience designing, coding, testing and installing applications programs
- Competent with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Object orientated design and architecture skills
- Worked in a performance sensitive SoA/Micro-services environment
- Messaging architectures and systems (transaction processing)
- Full-lifecycle development including build and deployment tools - Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, OpsCode Chef, Ansible, Docker, Zookeeper
- Automated component or system testing experience
- Understanding of high availability design
- Low-latency and/or reliable messaging systems
- Advanced skills and knowledge of one of the major relational databases
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- A proactive and dedicated individual
Due to the nature of this organisation only Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian Permanent residents can be considered for this position. They are hiring now so apply now!