Infrastructure Engineer - Service Lead
- Norwest location - work near home opportunity
- Permanent role
- Experience in infrastructure and service design, working with vendors
About the role
As a Lead Engineer for point of sale (POS) and end user compute (EUC) within the Stores Infrastructure Engineering (SIE) team, you will be primarily responsible for our fleet of critical endpoints across all trading business units as well as assist in the team's day to day engineering operations.
One of our clients are seeking a Senior Engineer with an eye for detail who can adapt their skills to an infrastructure environment to improve agility and transform the way we work. Having refreshed their infrastructure in stores they are moving to combine software deployment practices with infrastructure operations to vastly improve the reliability, security and rate of change through automation.
- Core role in transforming SIE toward a DevOps model
- Design and deliver automation framework and working knowledge of automation and orchestration platforms
- Contribute to the day to day engineering tasks required of SIE
- Ability to understand existing operational process and key stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate products and tools against required capability
- Proof of Concept Initiatives: Innovation is a key component of this role. Being able to prototype and demonstrate proof of concepts quickly is imperative to seek further sponsorship and adoption.
- Plan and coordinate change where required
- Base understanding of ITIL methodology
- Maintain communication with key stakeholders such as Cyber Security, Project and Program Managers, Application Development Teams
- 6+ years' work experience within engineering, development, and/or design.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge across complex workstation SOE and packaging methodologies.
- Good understanding of physical and wireless networking.
- Expert level scripting/development of infrastructure in remote sites (preferably MS based deployments).
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure and service design, working with vendors and third parties to deliver desired outcomes at scale.
- Willingness to keep up-to-date with industry trends and directions to ensure solutions will provide business with forward compatible, scalable and flexible solutions.
- Disciplined approach to documentation creation and review.
- Ability to reverse engineer and understand complex solutions.
- Microsoft SCCM / AD / Server 2012, 2016, Powershell
- Understanding of retail and business processes. Ability to articulate business benefit from technical decisions. Customer experience always in front of mind.
- Exemplary written, communication and time management skills.
- Confidence in conflict resolution, negotiation and influencing ability.
- Focus on how things 'should' be done, instead of repeating how they 'are' done.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance consumer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Experience working autonomously on large projects and ensuring the technology outcome is robust and supportable at scale.
- Take charge! Appropriately challenge or influence status quo. Think Forward.
APPLY NOW for our immediate consideration or call Smita Gosavi 0294094807 for more details.
Job id #198532.