About the Role
The Infrastructure design role works collaboratively with project teams and technology SME's to interpret business requirements and non-functional requirements to develop detailed infrastructure designs for implementation. The role ensures that designs are aligned with solution architecture and consistent with industry and our Clients enterprise standards.
- Contributes to the selection of appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Creates and implements practical, flexible detailed designs.
- Aligning designs to the technology roadmap and high-level design created by architects.
- Provides infrastructure estimations as required based on a given set of requirements.
- Advises on the evaluation and impact analysis of major design options.
- Review Solution Architect design artifacts to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Provide solutions based on the Enterprise Strategy
- Takes full technical responsibility for all aspects of systems specification and design, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
- Undertakes and ensures that the system designs balance functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Resolves technical design issues that may arise.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the IT industry (preferably with an infrastructure operations background working across different technology domains).
- Working experience within a complex and critical Operational IT environment.
- Experienced with infrastructure project delivery.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Infrastructure. E.g.
- OS Platforms - Win/Unix/Linux/AIX.
- Databases - Oracle, SQL, Cloud offerings.
- Infrastructure components - Servers, Storage, Network Switching, Load balancers, Firewalls, proxies etc.
- Hyperscale Cloud - AWS, Azure etc.
- Core Technologies: AD, DNS, Exchange, SCCM, Puppet
- Virtualisation: VMware, Citrix
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Design and Build process and practices.
- Ability to manage complex technical activities and track numerus simultaneous requests.
- Relevant industry certifications e.g., Networking, Infrastructure, Cloud, etc. not essential, but highly regarded
For more information, please contact Ben Neal on 0380807217
If this role sounds like you, Please click apply
Looking forward to hearing from you!