This is a very exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of this iconic Yarra Golf Course. Our client is an Australian Golf Club who has navigated the challenges in Golf over the past 15 years to become one of the leading Australian memebership based Golf Clubs. Finacially in geat shape and with large capital projects to be executed, you could not be joining at a better time, with the opportunity to put your own stamp on how finance supports the organisation.
This role within the organisation will report into the Club's General Manager and lead the day-to-day finance function for the Club. This will include the leadership and management of one report, periodic budgeting, forecasting and BAU support to all aspects of the Club.
The Financial Controller shall be responsible for: -
- Management of the finance function, accounting services and finance staff.
- Provide Key Staff with support and assistance in achieving an efficient operation within statutory requirements and budgetary goals.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely maintenance of all accounting records inaccordance with Club policies and procedures.
- Preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of the annual accounts for the annual report and dealing directlywi th the club's auditors in finalising this process.
- Assisting the General Manager to implement the financial policies and directives of the Board of Directors.Ensure that the financial systems and processes are maintained to provide accurate and timely information at an appropriate cost.
- Assist the General Manager to ensure the Club's human resources are implemented according to policy.
- Create and maintain club finance policies and procedures
- CPA or CA qualified
- Prior experience managing and developing finance teams
- Strong across technical accounting, commercial finance and stratecic advice.
- Experience partnering with the leadership teams (Executive and Board) and leading the budget process
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of empathy (for employees and members).
- Constructive, positive and growth mindset
Please submit your CV today if you would like to be considered for this position. Please contact Tim Brewin on 0419 372 600nif you would like to discuss any aspect of the role before applying.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.