Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Project Manager to support the agency by overseeing and ensuring high quality and consistent delivery of projects. Working under the broad direction of senior staff, the Project Manager are responsible for overseeing the management of the design, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of project outputs; and play a key role in managing key strategic stakeholders across all tiers of government to drive the implementation and integration of projects at the operational level.
This is a contract role until 30 June 2021 with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Be responsible for the program of work; including scope definition, development and management of a schedule, project reporting, and resource planning;
- Develop, implement, and manage project plans and schedules in accordance with the Agency's project management framework; with considerations to project interdependencies and Programme timeframes
- Develop and manage detailed schedule/s that support the commercial, functional and delivery work streams
- Oversee project design, governance arrangements and operational integration
- Build and manage relationships with immediate work area and key Executive, ICT, Business and vendor stakeholders to achieve project outcomes.
- Manage multiple parties (internal and external); whilst leading complex /high value engagements.
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are completed within projected timeframes and budget;
- Report on project objectives and outputs for presentation to the executive, and oversee ongoing project reporting;
- Identify, assess, manage, escalate, report and monitor project risks, issues and benefits, including developing treatment strategies
- Analyse project performance and oversee quality management to ensure that project deliverables are fit for purpose and meet client needs
- Drive innovation, manage and lead change, and actively contribute to and implement the agency's strategic direction
- Proactive risk and issue identification and management;
- Ensure that integration points with other Projects/Programmes are clearly understood and mapped
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Demonstrated 5+ years experience in Project/Program Management
- Demonstrated experience in managing strategic aspects of large programmes / projects and mitigating risk
It is desirable if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in directing and delivering highly complex ICT projects within a broader programme environment where multiple interdependencies exist;
- Ability to span both agile and traditional project delivery methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking and evaluation skills to assess organisational impacts, risks and benefits within the broader environment
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Experience with OTS product development, configuration, deployment and integration with other enterprise systems
Due to our client's requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 205723
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.