Our Federal Government Client is seeking a knowledgeable and dynamic IT Architect for a Cloud Computing and Application Hosting based contract role. This is an initial 12-month contract opportunity with 2 x 12-month extension options and is working out of our Client's CBD location, here in Canberra.
Within this role you will:
- Refine and improve the Client's strategy for their Hybrid Cloud capability
- Mature Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities and introducing efficiencies
- Develop Platform-as-a-Service adoption frameworks and other underlying fundamental capabilities
- Evaluate Platform-as-a-Service offerings against the Client's compliance obligations as well as technical and cultural position
- Provide advice to application projects to facilitate their adoption of Cloud
- Promote and realise automation opportunities across application deployment, maintenance and operational activities
- Review "as-built" and similar documentation to maintain alignment with strategy
- Collaborate with external government agencies to understand and improve cloud issues and opportunities across the government sector
- Work with vendors to identify, plan and realise opportunities across our technology portfolio
- Work with internal stakeholders to build capabilities that support strategic work practices such as DevOps and Agile
- Manage the development and delivery of position papers to support new business initiatives, business cases, risk assessments, new patterns, reference architectures and standards for initiatives which are not in-pattern for the Client's environment
- Anticipate future challenges the Client's IT requirements and position the Client's ability to meet these challenges and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the Client's enterprise architecture
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Demonstrated understanding of current cloud trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of current application development, testing and operational trends
- Understand advanced application hosting techniques including containers, serverless, PaaS and SaaS
- Understand network architectures that contribute to the successful operation of a hybrid cloud
- Ability to navigate complex commercial, technical and operational landscapes to provide sustainable solutions that are able to scale across multiple applications
- Familiarity with a Microsoft-based ecosystem including Operating Systems, Networking, Web
- Hosting and Databases
- Experience with .net applications
- Expertise in defining enterprise architecture policies, standards, principles, reference architectures and procedures for development
- Think about systems sustainability, longevity and end to end operability when establishing patterns and design solutions
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 182920.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government security clearances.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.