Objective of the Role
The purpose of this role is to liaise with stakeholders to obtain, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and effect solutions that enable the business customer to achieve their goals. Manage the day-to-day activities of small projects, or streams of larger projects, and to drive efficient, effective and continuous improvement across the BA Community and BA Way of Working.
- Build strong relationships through engagement with customers, colleagues and other key stakeholders across all stages of the system development life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to facilitate and positively influence solution development and ongoing support.
- Undertake customer requirements investigation, analysis and solution design in accordance with assigned initiatives and work.
- Lead the articulation of business needs and the facilitation of business and system solutions.
- Lead the compilation and/or validation of system requirements and process documentation to ensure feasibility and traceability of requirements.
- Support the business in identification of business benefit and value, tangible and intangible, for initiatives raised
- Support the business in production of cost benefit analysis and or production of business case submissions
- Play a key role in the development of functional documentation, facilitating the management of changes if required, support of testing initiatives and the resolution of problems as they emerge.
- Facilitate workshops and design sessions using the appropriate methodologies and frameworks (including Agile development)
- Undertake solution lead role as required including design, costing, co-ordination and specification activities ensuring that requirement deliverables meet business needs and expectations.
- Validate and ensure that Solution deliverables meet business needs
- Participate in the development of design documents, design reviews and analysis of functional changes to systems.
- Act as relevant subject matter expert to our internal and external business partners in shaping solutions
- Communicate collaboratively throughout the design and costing process with technical stakeholders as part of managing expectations for business and solution "customers".
- Positively influence resolution of problems and issues with consideration of existing competing priorities.
- Formulate and recommend changes and/or enhancements to processes and systems
- Utilise agile methodologies where appropriate in your work.
- For the small projects, or streams of larger projects that they are managing, co-ordinate the team's day to day tasks; facilitate stand-ups, prioritisation session, retrospectives and show cases; track the progress and ensure the commitment of the iteration will be fulfilled; and form and motivate the team
- Acts as a referral point for escalated issues relating to the day-to-day activities of small projects, or streams of larger projects that they are managing.
- Utilises judgement and interpretation regarding the day-to-day activities of small projects, or streams of larger projects that they are managing.
- Plan and execute risk mitigating procedures as required
- Focuses on the delivery of the work, mechanics of the iteration and measuring progress for the small projects, or streams of larger projects that they are managing.
- Identify areas of continuous improvement for incorporation into frameworks and processes.
- Champion BA Way of Working, practices and processes.
- Collaborates across and within teams and build strong relationships with customers to match the right solution to each customer's needs - placing the customer at the heart of decisions.
- Knows and clarifies what is expected, taking accountability to resolve problems and set high personal standards to deliver timely results in a changing environment.
- Builds strong relationships, works effectively in diverse and flexible teams, takes ownership for learning and development and acts to enhance own and others' safety and wellbeing.
- Keeps things simple while driving innovation, removing blockages and anticipates and adapts to changing market and business challenges.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of work group through productive personal behaviour and development of team culture.
- Role model the Values, Code of Conduct and Leader Profiles
Key Capabilities/Technical Competencies (skills, knowledge, technical or specialist capabilities)
- Strong Insurance Industry knowledge and experience
- Extensive customer relationship skills
- Through ability to analyse customer requirements and provide appropriate alternatives and solutions to meet those requirements.
- Extensive problem solving, business research and analytical skills.
- Advanced design skills
- Thorough internal consultation and negotiation skills
- A disciplined approach to planning, implementation and project execution
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet agreed timeframes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive change management skills
- Extensive facilitation and workshop skills
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU APPLY NOW!!!