Our Federal Government Client is looking for a Systems Integration Specialist to develop and maintain capability in an integrated systems development environment.
The occupant of this position will design,develop and maintain ICT integration and messaging solutions to support the Client's business systems and in accordance with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) standards and policies.
The principle accountabilities and responsibilities of the Integration Specialist include:
- defining and documenting messages and message transformation requirements in conjunction with the data management functions within the team
- designing, documenting and implementing service interfaces, integration logic and XML schema design for messaging solutions
- supporting the enhancement and development of new products and general releases
- working with colleagues in application development teams to ensure broad solutions are developed that maximise interoperability, re-usability, service capacity and capability to end users, while minimising overhead costs
- developing and maintaining performance monitoring, logging, auditing and testing tools associated with integration and messaging
- investigating and resolving integration and messaging problems
- assisting in the management and administration of the Client's IBM integration suite (IBM MQ, IBM ACE, DataPower)
- managing the Client's interface technology to integrate their system and to expose the their services to business partners ensuring a highly secure environment
- Knowledge of, and design experience using, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrated experience providing support for IBM ACE, IBM DataPower and IBM MQ deployments
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, SSL, general PKI concepts, XML standards and schemas and performance monitoring, logging, auditing and testing tools
- Demonstrated experience in identifying technical risk, developing work estimates, problem-solving and prioritising work packages
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
The role has on an initial 12-month contract with two (2) possible 12-month contract extension options. Due to security requirements the work has to be done on site at the Client's office in Canberra for the first six (6) months, afterwhich more flexible work arrangements can be negotiated.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who can obtain AGSVA NV1 Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: #260493
The closing date for this role is on Tuesday, 20 February, 2024.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.