"Our Federal Government Client is seeking a System Analyst.
This is a long-term contract role with an initial contract duration of 12 months and an extension term of 12 months with 2 extensions, located at our client's office in Canberra-- Minimum 3 full days per week in the office.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Provide expert advice and analysis support for IT systems and/or process design and use technical expertise to contribute to the development of the Department's IT strategic direction.
- Query and interpret data using efficient and effective SQL and provide sound advice on complex data/information related matters to deliver quality solutions.
- Analyze data identifying the data structures and relationships that exist in the available sources of data including data flows, lineage, and definitions.
- Identify issues and assess their significance in the development of applications, tools, and process automation that support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Recognize and resolve issues impacting on database designs, application and database performance, make recommendations for solutions that meet operational needs and deliver on improvements.
- Lead the investigation of systems resource usage in various environments using performance testing and tuning methodologies, and apply audit and forecasting methodologies.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with business, Project SME's and business analyst representatives to clarify requirements and present design solutions.
- Produce detailed solutions, data models, Dashboards, reports etc. demonstrating how the solution addresses business needs.
- Lead and Manage business stakeholders to ensure engagement is collegial, productive and to mitigate risks related to business sign-off.
- Lead discussions for technical issues/solutions with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Managing or supervising team of System Analysts and managing work priorities to ensure the team is focused on the highest value initiatives.
- Work with application development teams to implement strategies, build data flows and develop data models.
- Supervise and develop by mentoring whilst maintaining positive relationships with own team and engage in knowledge transfer.
- Develop and enhance system.
- Discuss, interpret and assist with resolution of technical issues associated with data modelling activities.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience of data analysis.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse principles and standards.
- Data analysis - using data base querying tools such as SQL, PL-SQL.
- Understanding of various database platforms (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server).
- Data management principles such as Metadata management, Data governance and Data quality.
- Strong liaison and interpersonal skills including the ability to:
- Engage with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders,
- Discuss technical matters with both technical and non-technical staff,
- Negotiate outcomes between business and technical areas,
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team undertaking multiple projects and maintenance activities with potentially competing priorities.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with a Baseline security clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 0262689778 quoting Job Reference: # 258790.
The closing date for this role is on Friday, 03 November 2023..
Expression of Interest for other System Analyst roles will remain open until 20 Nov 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position."
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.