Large insurance group with over 1.8 Million members, who pride themselves on a human approach and putting their members first. They offer a friendly, dynamic, and flexible working environment and are dedicated to creating a work culture where their employees can flourish.
The Solution Architect will be part of a large digital transformation project. You will be working with the business to understand and translate business, technical, functional and non-functional requirements into the solution design artefacts to enable developers and testers to create efficient and reliable IT solutions.
- Defines and establishes the solution architecture, from the initial conceptual vision through to the concrete software architecture specification
- Manages relationships with the business to address concerns and understand the business need around requirements for new applications or solutions and communicates the impact of technical changes and decisions on business outcomes
- Researches and tests relevant technology, platforms and scale of solutions in order to incorporate the most appropriate technologies into solution designs
- Converts business, technical, functional and non-functional requirements into the specific architecture and designs to enable development of optimal technical solutions
- Provides design guidance, artefacts, review, and assurance throughout the agile SDLC process
- Provides hands-on solution design at all required levels, especially for complex project initiatives and domain challenges.
- Builds and maintains understanding of IT strategy and enterprise architecture to ensure that solutions and decisions about the technology requirements for solutions are consistent with the company's overall IT direction and EA principles
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years' hands on experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in designing and implementing complex, mission-critical and high traffic solution architectures
- Experience in TOGAF, ZACHMAN or similar architectural frameworks
- Deep experience in designing software architectures that address all aspects such as security, deployment, performance, caching, scalability, and service availability
- Proficient in generating professional, detailed, and accurate documentation for Architecture artefacts in technical system design specifications based on functional and non-functional requirements and current/target state analysis
- Familiar with tools for architecture and solution design, including VISIO, Gliffy, Confluence, and other diagramming tools.
- Familiar with on-premise, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and IPaaS), and hybrid deployment models
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
- Development (SLDC) Background with the understanding of Agile techniques
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nic Gulliver at Nic.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #258336.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.