About the Company
Our client is a cutting-edge start-up that specializes in additive manufacturing through automated welding. Our robotics and mechatronics technology enables us to manufacture complex metallic structures quickly, reliably, and affordably, providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional manufacturing methods. Our ultimate goal is to revolutionize the manufacturing industry by providing sustainable and efficient solutions for a range of industries, from aerospace to defense, medical, and automotive
About the role
The Robotics Engineer will assist the team's development and implementation of software solutions that integrate with hardware systems to enable end-to-end automated manufacturing processes and optimize manufacturing efficiency, while continuously improving software development processes, following best practices architectural principles. The prime work areas and activity of this role will be in robotics and welding applications used in wire arc additive
manufacturing (metal) printing process.
- Design, develop, and implement software solutions in C++, LabVIEW, ABB Rapid Code, RUST etc, that integrate with our hardware systems, enabling end-to-end automated manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including robotics and mechatronics engineers, to optimise our manufacturing processes through the development of innovative software applications and tools.
- Participate in code reviews, testing, and debugging of software to ensure high-quality and
- Assist with continuously improving software development processes, tools, and
methodologies to ensure high levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs.
- Write and maintain code for automated test systems to ensure code quality
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation in code, system architecture, and testing procedures.
- Stay current with emerging trends and technologies in software development, robotics, and mechatronics, and proactively identify opportunities to leverage new tools and frameworks to improve our systems.
Skills and experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in software developement
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, LabVIEW, ABB Rapid code, CGAL and desirably RUST.
- Demonstrable experience in Robotics and desirably Welding and materials (alloy's)
- Expeirence in computational geometry is essential
- Demonstrable experience of implementing best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance.
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and JUnit
- Demonstrable experience of scripting languages
- Demonstrable experience using Behaviour Driven Development with Cucumber
- Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes - particularly Agile methodologies
- Desirable Industry Experience: Manufacturing/Engineering/Defense/Robotics/Aerospace
- Passion for staying current with emerging technologies and tools in software development, robotics, and mechatronics
To be eligible for this role you will need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jessie Jasa (08 8112 7402) or Jessica Gadsby (08 8112 7417) quoting reference 259323.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.