About the Company
An innovative startup located in Adelaide, focusing on is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, blending expertise in welding science, robotics automation, materials engineering, and proprietary software to create an innovative automated 3D printing system is in search of a skilled LabVIEW Developer to join the team.
About the role
The Software Engineer will assist the team's development and implementation of software solutions that integrate with hardware systems to enable end-to-end automated manufacturing processes and optimize manufacturing efficiency, while continuously improving software development processes, following best practices architectural principles. The prime work areas and activity of this role will be in robotics and welding applications used in wire arc additive
manufacturing (metal) printing process.
- Design, develop, and implement software solutions in LabVIEW, ABB Rapid Code, C++, RUST etc, that integrate with our hardware systems, enabling end-to-end automated manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including robotics and mechatronics engineers, to optimise our manufacturing processes through the development of innovative software applications and tools.
- Participate in code reviews, testing, and debugging of software to ensure high-quality and
- Assist with continuously improving software development processes, tools, and
methodologies to ensure high levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs.
- Write and maintain LabVIEW code for automated test systems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for LabVIEW code, system architecture, and testing procedures.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of using LabVIEW in addition to experience with ABB Rapid code, C++ and desirably RUST.
- Demonstrable experience in Robotics and desirably Welding and materials (alloy's)
- Demonstrable experience of implementing best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance.
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and JUnit
- Demonstrable experience of scripting languages
- Demonstrable experience using Behaviour Driven Development with Cucumber
- Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes - particularly Agile methodologies
- Desirable Industry Experience: Manufacturing/Engineering/Defense/Robotics/Aerospace
- Passion for staying current with emerging technologies and tools in software development, robotics, and mechatronics
To be eligible for this role you will need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jessie Jasa (08 8112 7402) or Jessica Gadsby (08 8112 7417) quoting reference 260153.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.