Our Federal Government Client is looking for a DevOps Engineer/Senior Software Engineer.
The contractor will perform a number of key functions which include:
- Providing critical support to the Kubernetes installation.
- Maintain and develop the software delivery pipeline - including improvements to automated testing, software builds, software deployments, and application observability.
- Maintaining and developing the NPI security stack.
- Supporting projects and business as usual activities, as required, in a software engineering capacity.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Participating in small software development teams focussed on developing or updating software to meet changing Client business needs.
- Providing ongoing production support to existing systems including high level problem resolution
- Providing advice using extensive software engineering knowledge and skills to support project delivery and business as usual work.
- Critiquing software solution designs with a focus on usability, testability, maintainability, resilience, security, and performance. In particular enhance existing systems in response to production issues, technical debt repayments, and changing business requirements
- Developing comprehensive documentation and performing testing to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations
- Where appropriate, coaching software engineers to transfer skills and knowledge
- Liaising with a range of service providers to support third party developed software systems and software services
- Coordination of technical resources and working with project managers to drive the delivery of technical solutions and outcomes
- Broad knowledge and experience in the configuration and use of tools that complement software development; especially Kubernetes, CI/CD servers, Git repository managers, artefact repositories, static code analysers, and observability tools.
- Knowledge and practical experience of application security concepts (such as authentication, authorisation, and role-based access control) and the implementation or maintenance of software to support them in software application environments.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating software products from third party vendors, including commercial off the shelf or government off the shelf, into complex information technology environments
- Ability to lead small technically focused teams and build a culture embodying transparency, efficiency, and quality including the ability to work constructively with infrastructure support teams to increase the productivity of the software delivery pipeline and to detect and solve technical issues relating to application software deployed in complex environments.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and to liaise effectively with Senior Executive officers to reach an agreement on complex matters relating to ICT software development and delivery.
The role has on an initial 12-month contract with two (2) possible 12-month contract extension options. Due to security requirements the work has to be done on site at the Client's office in Canberra for the first six (6) months, afterwhich more flexible work arrangements can be negotiated.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who can obtain AGSVA NV1 Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: #260494
The closing date for this role is on Friday, 23 February, 2024.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.