About the Company
The client is an independent statutory agency. The candidate must be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain security clearance
About the role
The Offensive Security Specialist will regularly conduct advanced penetration tests and ethical hacking to identify vulnerabilities in computer systems early thus helping prevent external threats that may inflict damage.
As an Offensive Security Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert in your field. You'll have the ability to prioritise and take ownership, as well as assist the broader ICT Services Branch your knowledge and experience. You will be comfortable working collaboratively with both technical and non-technical resources with a high aptitude for learning in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone who has a passion and drive for working in a DevSecOps environment, working with the latest tools and technologies. As a cloud focused organisation, security is of paramount importance to us, and we are looking to strengthen our team's capability with this role.
- Performing penetration testing of applications and IT infrastructure
- Provide feedback into the design and build phase to ensure security requirements are captured up front,
- Validating reported vulnerabilities, recommending appropriate mitigating strategies, and coordinating the follow up with relevant team members
- Work with Cyber Security teams and product owners to seek alignment between information security and business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in offensive security and penetration testing across diverse platforms and technologies, including Web Applications, APIs, Mobile Apps, Kubernetes,
- Cloud environments, Networks, and Wireless infrastructures
- Knowledge and practical experience in network protocols
- Experience in Red Team Operations, conducting adversary emulation exercises
- Demonstrated high level conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to difficult and complex problems
- Ability to write tools and exploits in one or more languages such as Python, C, Node.js, golang
- OSCE/OSCP/GWAPT/GXPN/GMOB certification is a distinctive plus (any of those)
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW!
For any further questions or information, please contact Arriane at 02-4016-8251 / firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job #259158
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.