Our Client, an ACT-owned public utility company, is looking for an Enterprise Security Architect to help them transform thir ICT environment, including the transition to a number of new service providers under a large program of change.
As a provider of critical infrastructure, the Client is focused on the opportunity that the program would provide the Enterprise Security Architect to harness the features of these environments to define and build best-in-class cyber capabilities.
Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, the Enterprise Security Architect will be responsible for:
- Delivery of security patterns and principles for SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, identity, data security, security logging, operational monitoring, response, and recovery.
- Working closely with delivery teams to ensure understanding and compliance with these patterns and principles.
- Leading security architecture decisions through consultation and partnership with technology, cyber and business stakeholders.
- Contributing to risk assessment and threat model development to assess potential attack vectors throughout the delivery lifecycle and develop mitigations through architecture of appropriate security mechanisms.
- Coaching, mentoring, and collaborating with the program and individual projects to lift the overall security knowledge within the program and wider ICT team.
- Research new services, security controls, or emerging security technology, including engaging with third parties and partners for strategic security initiatives.
- Collaborate with architects and delivery teams to assess and explain risks, threats, exploits to make risk-informed security decisions.
- Communicate the Client's enterprise security architecture and direction.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will bring:
- 10+ years of experience in ICT with 5+ years focus on security architecture, cloud security, enterprise security, and solutions architecture.
- Proficiency in security frameworks and standards (e.g., ISO 27001, PCI), especially the NIST-CSF.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, TOGAF/SABSA, or CISA highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security, particularly AWS and Azure.
- Experience with security tools and technologies (e.g., SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewall, DLP).
- Degree in computer science, information security, or a related field.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
This is a full time contract role for 16 months w/ a 6-month option to extend. The location of work is in Canberra, ACT. Hybrid work arrangements can be negotiated with the Client however the chosen resource will still be expected to attend on site on a weekly basis.
Apply now for immediate consideration - call Maria Lastierre at 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: # 259239
The closing date for this role is on Thursday, 30 November, 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.