Job Title: EL2 Director Business Applications
Location: Canberra or any other capital cities in Australia
Purpose of the position
The Director of Business Applications is responsible for leading a team of developers, business analysts, testers and a small data warehouse team. Reporting to the CIO, they are primarily
- Responsible for the design, development and support of essential business systems, tailored to meet the ongoing specific objectives and needs of client's diverse user groups.
- The role involves close collaboration with the Director of Infrastructure and key stakeholders from the Regulatory Operations teams to understand their distinct requirements, enabling the Director to create a strategic plan for designing, refining, and maintaining these systems in alignment with the broader organizational objectives.
- The role has oversight of the entire application development lifecycle, coordinating planning, design, coding, testing, and deployment efforts while fostering collaboration among development teams and end-users. Additionally, the Director will remain forward-thinking, keeping a watchful eye on emerging technological trends to ensure the organization remains innovative.
- Our current systems are developed and supported in-house. They are on premise and largely Java/Oracle based. The business logic is handled with a mix of Java, Oracle ADF, Oracle pl/sql and Oracle mod/sql depending on the system. Two systems are supported by SQL Server, our Data Warehouse which uses SSIS to load data and RECM a case management system for Regulation which uses LightSwitch for the business logic
Qualifications, accreditations and experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- software development practices
- modern application architecture
- transitioning legacy/on-premise systems to cloud platforms
- development and implementation of strategic plans
- driving innovation and change
- managing diverse teams across multiple locations (including virtual team members) to drive complex outputs
- delivery of ICT Projects in medium to large sized organisations, including technical knowledge, skills, and understanding of project management principles and governance arrangements
- managing a team of internal and external resources in the delivery of ICT projects, including vendor management
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to lead by example and to coach, mentor, and guide teams and emerging leaders
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technology field will be highly regarded..
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens and have Baseline security clearance
If this role aligns with your skills and aspirations, apply now for immediate consideration. Contact Archna Singh at 02 6245 1708, quoting Job Reference: # 259984
The application deadline for this position is on 17th Jan 2024.
Please note that only candidates meeting the specified criteria will be contacted. Your interest in the position is greatly appreciated.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.