Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Data Modeller.
This is a long-term contract role (12 months with 2 x 12-month extensions) located in the Canberra.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Develop data management design artifacts, including mapping documents for builds in support of business processes and objectives.
- Develop and/or direct the creation of efficient, maintainable and cost/effective databases.
- Prepare and/or direct the creation and maintenance of data management documentation.
- Provide consulting support for IT and Business partners by researching, identifying and applying data management solutions to problems.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience of database design and development.
- Strong understanding of MDM (Master Data Management).
- Experience with the following:
- Data modelling - dimensional and ERD, and awareness of data vault
- Various database platforms (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server)
- XML schema design, ER Studio or similar
- Data management principles such as Metadata management, Data governance and Data quality
- Strong liaison and interpersonal skills including the ability to:
- Engage with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders.
- Discuss technical matters with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Negotiate outcomes between business and technical areas.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team undertaking multiple projects and maintenance activities with potentially competing priorities.
It is desirable if you have:
- Minimum 5 years of data modelling experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in structured analysis and design.
- Knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data warehouse development.
- Strong knowledge on system development life cycle.
- Understanding of data modelling principles for data warehouses.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with a BASELINE security clearance (minimum).
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: 258871.
The closing date for this role is on 7 Nov 2023.
Expression of Interest for other Data Modeller roles will remain open until 25 Nov 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.