Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Data Engineer
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months with an extension term of 12 months for a total of 18 months, located at our client's office in ACT.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to design data integration solutions that meet business requirements, utilising Microsoft Azure tools such as Azure Data Factory and SQL.
- Develop, implement, and maintain ETL pipelines to ensure efficient and secure data transfer between various systems, adhering to best practices for data processing and transformation.
- Design and maintain data models, ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and availability while considering scalability and performance optimisations.
- Implement data validation and quality checks to identify and rectify data anomalies, errors, and inconsistencies within integrated systems.
- Continuously monitor and optimise data integration processes to enhance performance, reduce latency, and minimise resource consumption.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for data integration solutions, including technical specifications, data flow diagrams, and operational procedures.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, and system analysts, to understand data requirements and ensure integrations align with business objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data integration issues, working collaboratively with the team to implement effective solutions and prevent recurrence.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and industry trends related to data engineering and integration, applying this knowledge to improve integration processes and tools.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Proven experience in data engineering, including data integration, ETL processes, and data modelling.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with data warehousing concepts.
- Knowledge of data governance, security, and compliance best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective communication skills for collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-motivated individual.
It is desirable if you have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Azure tools and services, such as Azure Data Factory, and Azure SQL Database.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Microsoft Azure Data Engineer, AWS Certified Data Analytics) are advantageous.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who can obtain Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
The applications for the role is closing on Monday, 11 December 2023.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Param Kaur on 0262689781 quoting Job Reference: # 259400
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.