Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Data Analyst and Power BI Specialist
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with an extension term of 6 months ,located at our client's office in Canberra, ACT.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Support the Security and Business Continuity team in developing automated reporting to strengthen the department's security maturity with dynamic, accurate and highly visible security clearance/security incident information to support evidence-based decision making and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) compliance.
- Develop a dashboard to track the PSPF uplift workplan and the delivery of activities identified in the PSPF maturity assessment report 2022-23.
- Provide expert knowledge in relation to Power BI capabilities, system compatibility and processes.
- Take responsibility for the achievements of own outcomes, monitor progress and follow through to deliver quality outcomes.
- Manage workload with limited supervision and work remotely when required.
- Be proficient in the use of technology and the Microsoft Suite of tools.
- Collaborate with relevant system administrators and line areas including in the SDO, People Branch and ICT areas where relevant.
- Align and streamline data from multiple sources and legacy systems including SAP, myClearance.
- Build team capability through training and transfer of technical skills, so team members can maintain reporting suite created during contract.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and Power BI reporting.
- Strong understanding of data modelling and data quality concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, including DAX and data modelling.
- Experience with aligning and streamlining data from multiple sources and legacy systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience in the Australian Government security environment.
- Experience with SAP and myClearance.
- Knowledge of the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens with Baseline security clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Param Kaur on 0262689781 quoting Job Reference: # 259390
The applications for the role closes on Wednesday, 06 December 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.