Our Federal Government Client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst. This role is on a non-ongoing fixed term contract (APS6 or EL1) for an initial contract term of 10 months.
The Senior Business Analyst role is integral to ensuring policy, research and analytics requirements are well understood and validated by the respective policy areas. The BA will work closely with the data scientists, analysts, visualisers and researchers within the branch, and policy areas to identify, refine and document business requirements ensuring research and analytics work, or report development work, is undertaken in line with business expectations.
Skills and Abilities -
- Highly skilled in end-to-end business analysis - process mapping, process re-engineering, user stories, workshop facilitation and improvement techniques.
- Experience in facilitating review and management of user acceptance criteria, and ongoing engagement with business users to clarify/refine requirements as needed.
- A friendly and approachable demeanour with excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders to scope, develop and document business requirements for data driven research and analytic projects.
- Proven track record of adhering to tight delivery schedule and high standards, and ability to respond flexibly to changing circumstances.
- Proven experience in developing project management documentation and obtaining stakeholder sign-off.
- An interest in social policy and understanding of analytical, research and evaluation concepts and methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to deliver clear and concise messages, including responding to queries and drafting of key documents
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Some familiarity with a range of data analysis including data science techniques.
The role has an initial 10-Month non-ongoing fixed term contract. This role is to be performed in the Client's offices in Phillip, ACT with flexible working arrangements considered on a case-by-case basis. Candidates are required to report on site for a minimum of 3 days per week. Suitable candidates must obtain and maintain Baseline security clearance conducted by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: # 258783
The closing date for this role is on Tuesday, 07 November, 2023.
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Diversity and inclusion are strongly supported at Peoplebank. People of all nationalities, gender identities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, are encouraged to apply.