Our client, a true leader in their field, has a Systems Engineer opportunity to join their team of highly passionate individuals. This is a unique role, to lead and manage the engagement of a high value client (enterprise environment), whilst also doing what you do best - being on the tools, diving in and solving issues.
Looking after a large solution and being first point of contact to this client, you will demonstrate a unique mix of technical and stakeholder management skills.
The Systems Engineer will contribute to the day-to-day operational as well as project work with the goal of improving the operating efficiency while being focused on delivering continuous improvement and optimal service to your customer.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate experience and understanding of the following:
- Server/system design fundamentals
- Unix Operating Systems
- System configuration management tools e.g. PUPPET or other
- IP network design concepts
- Linux (Installation, Maintenance, Support)
- TCP/IP stack troubleshooting
- Squid proxy servers
- Programming - PERL,PHP and UNIX shell scripting
- Client/Server socket programming, PHP, Java, C
- Server/systems hardware
- System documentation (as-built, handover)
- Data Storage (SAN, NAS)
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Web Filtering concepts
- Layer 3 Load Balancing
- Implementation of a documented server/system design.
- Sound understanding of DNS
- Sound understanding of Domain Registration both as an individual and registrar
Any of the following certifications will be highly desirable:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- SAIR Linux Certified Administrator (LCA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- VM Ware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA)
This is an excellent role for those in the upward trajectory of their careers, who are motivated to continue to grow and develop.
If this is a role you would be interested in, please apply today, or alternatively for a confidential discussion, please contact Katrina (08) 8112 7400.
SA: LHS 296564