The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and establishing new growth opportunities for the Telecommunications business, in accordance with the business strategy. This role is ultimately prospecting and qualifying clients, in order to build a sustainable pipeline to increase the Telecommunications products and services sales.
There are traditional sales elements within this role, with a focus on maintaining and growing customer revenue, opportunity / pipeline management, account planning and meeting quarterly sales targets. There are also key Business Development elements such as researching, identifying and establishing new prospects, understanding the Wholesale market and customers, how we can further advance our market position and continue to compete within a competitive market.
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to a Telecommunications sales role, or extensive relevant experience.
- Excellent record of achievement with at least 5 years' experience in a sales role, at an Australian Licensed Telecommunications Carrier or Service Provider
- Strong understanding of Telecommunications network and products, particularly Data solutions such as Carrier Ethernet, Internet, SD-WAN, Cloud, NBN Backhaul, NBN EE and Wavelength services
- Advanced influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to win new business, and build ongoing customer relationships
- Extremely Customer focused and motivated by achieving results
- Advanced conflict resolution skills, with the ability to resolve customer issues at the core and also maintain and repair relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; verbally, written, face-to-face and over the phone with customers and co-workers
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present and engage stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrated ability to engage and interact with stakeholders and customers at all levels
- Experienced in building and maintaining long-lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven selling techniques and strong account management skills; able to conduct prospecting and manage customers independently
- Self-motivated with a desire and drive to continuously develop skills and capabilities
- Thorough understanding of the Wholesale telecommunications market, key competitors, customer needs and challenges
- Experience selling technical solutions
- Excellent written communications skills and computer literacy skills including with Microsoft Office software, and CRM systems (currently Salesforce).
Solid individual network within the telecom industry and/or corporate community is a plus