Working for a well reputed company based in Murdoch. My client is looking for a seasoned Security Analyst with a background in both technical and consulting security. This position is for an initial 6 months with potential for extension.
My client is experiencing a backlog within three keys areas: security ops space (minor improvements, policy optimization, configuration reviews etc.), security management (ISMS policies and all other documentation), and an upcoming IPS replacement project which will require some redesign as well (migration from Cisco ASA to firepower).
There is an urgent requirement for a suitable candidate to assist the security Lead on managing the above as well as potentially some team management responsibilities.
This is a role which can be shaped depending on the candidate's background and experience. The ideal incumbent will have either or a combination of the following commercial experience:
- Someone with strong security management skills and experience who'd be able to back up the Security Lead on the ISMS side, develop missing or rewrite existing policies, assist with coordinating their implementation with the business, and increase the maturity of the internal review/audit processes. The person should still have very solid understanding of network and infrastructure security, and ideally be able to do at least some hands-on work.
- Strong network security skills with extensive knowledge of Cisco ASA and ideally Cisco FTD, who'd be able to take on the upgrade project, and later switch to BAU/Ops part as the project.
- Previous exposure with backing up the area on the BAU front. Demonstrated experience of Cisco ASA, Cisco Security Manager, be able to optimize a rather large firewall policy set and analyses logs/events to work out the usage/traffic profiles. Strong vulnerability management skill would also be required (assessment of risks and coordination of resolutions)
- Security experience both technical and advisory
- Cisco background
- Firewalls and VPN Solutions
- Flexible and happy to mold the role over time
- Network background
If you have any of the above skills and are available ASAP to hit the ground running and support the Security Lead, please send a WORD version of your CV via "APPLY" function