A community services Federal Government agency is seeking multiple Senior Research Officers to provide strategic advice, technical leadership, and content expertise to inform key areas of decision-making. The Senior Research Officers will develop and deploy dedicated research and evaluation capability across the agency.
- Development and deployment of a dedicated research and evaluation capability across the agency
- Enhancing the agency's use of evidence-informed practice in delivering outcomes for participants
- Building and maintaining the agency's relationships and partnerships with external research bodies
- Innovative in delivering practice improvements and contemporar services and supports, to improve outcomes for participants
- Preparation and implementation of surveys, focus groups and interviews
- Qualitative and/or quantititve data collection and analysis, in accordance with standard operating procedures, agency standards and ethics requirements.
- Preparation of ethics applications.
- Development of theory of change, program logic models and evaluation frameworks and plans, in conjunction with Directors, for the research and evaluation program.
- Preparation of reports, journal articles and conference presentations.
- Develop, implement and manage operational plans processes and protocols, in conjunction with Directors, for the research and evaluation program.
- Provide administrative support, including maintaining/using information systems, databases, websites and record-keeping systems, organising meetings, preparing agendas and documenting minutes.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experiences:
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with mathematical and statistical techniques.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain networks.
- Able to listen to differing ideas and views to develop a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to manage service delivery performance.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Highly developed ability to synthesise and analyse complex information and make decisions.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Undergraduate qualifications in economics, finance, statistics or mathematics
- Highly developed understanding of market regulation principles and best practice.
- Competency or ability to learn analytics tools (e.g. Stata, Nvivo)
- An understanding of, or lived experience with supporting people with a disability to maximise participation in community.
If this sounds like you please apply now with your latest resume in Word format. This opportunity is eligible to Australian citizens and permanent residents only.