Our Client is a leading global infrastructure specialist, systems integrator and managed services provider. They are seeking a skilled and engaging Senior Network Engineer to provide SME level expertise on site with a variety of Federal Government Clients.
If you are looking to thrive in an environment that encourages learning and mentorship, this opportunity if for you. You'll be doing great things for Clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions, while developing your own capabilities and expanding your skills base in a team-oriented environment.
About the Role
Within this role you will:
- Provide technical direction / advice to clients and vendors performing professional services on behalf of the client and acting as a Subject Matter Expert
- Assist ICT staff with implementing new solutions into their on-site environments
- Provide knowledge/skills transfer and mentorship to other team members
- Liaise with Clients on complex networking and security issues and provide insight and advice on more complex design work, as required
- Be responsible for assuring quality standards for a delivered solution or installation
- Facilitating and contributing to technical workshops
- Take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of solutions/installations
Required Skills for the Role
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong, demonstrated design, documentation and implementation experience and capabilities
- Routing and Switching (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP) & Data Centre expertise - Nexus, VPC, VXLAN
- Understanding and hands-on experience with Firewalls - Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Forcepoint, Palo Alto
- Knowledge of Load Balancing - F5, Citrix Netscaler, Cisco
- Infoblox - DNS/DHCP
- Programming abilities using Python, Bash and REST API is highly desirable
- Strong Stakeholder enjoyment and the ability to communicate at varying levels
- CCNP Certification
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Syed Hasnain on 02 6245 1703 Reference Number - #189827
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold a NV1 Federal Government security clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.