A large financial organisation is looking for a Security Engineer to come on board and work across a number of exciting projects which are currently happening. This role is a twelve month contract position and will be based in a well-established security team. In this role you will be planning and implementing technology hardware and software new builds, upgrades and maintenance as part of planned change activity. You will deliver technical solutions to meet business needs, including security firewalls, proxy, IPS, application servers and cryptographic devices.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Perform system planning, build, implementation, upgrade, maintenance and decommissioning activities related to technology system lifecycle, to maintain complex security technology systems
- Develop and execute test plans for complex technology changes
- Contribute to project related activities and meetings to support delivery of project objectives and scope, with specific accountability for the delivery of security components
- Technical diagnosis and use technical expertise to develop solutions to technical problems related to existing issues, or complex technology changes proposed, and coordinate resolution with vendors and partners
About the successful candidate
- Experience across these technologies: Checkpoint Firewall, F5 - LTM, AFM, APM, McAfee Proxy, Cryptographic skills - HSM and key custodian, Networking, Venafi, Algosec, Application Server infrastructure integration, Bash scripting are highly regarded.
- Good understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle.
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Experience upgrading complex Security and Infrastructure systems
- Experience delivering (build, upgrade, config) complex Security and Infrastructure solutions and integrating with internal and 3rd party run systems
- Experience working in a large enterprise with high availability configuration.
- Familiarity with at least one, preferably more areas of technical security specialisation
- Developed knowledge of communications protocols, Carrier services, network management, routers, operating systems and security threats
- Ability to converse with both end-users and IT employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Good ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Tertiary qualification in a Security Technology discipline or related field