- 12-month fixed term contract
- $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 package
- Lower Northshore location
We are looking to hire a Mid-level Cyber Security Engineer for one of our premier clients. This role plays an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that goals and objectives of new business development requests are accomplished within prescribed time frames. The incumbent must consistently aim to deliver quality services and/or solutions that meet business requirements and ensure that goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
The successful applicant must have:
- 2+ years commercial experience in Security (must have commercial experience)
- Proven track record in in maintaining, administrating and supporting security software (Trend Micro, Symantec, MaaS360, Prey
- Broad knowledge across ASD/NIST/SANS/ISO27001/GDPR/HIPAA standards.
- Security professional certifications MTA/MTSC/SSCP/CISSP/GIAC.
- Proven track record in administering and working with variety of security software (SIEM, Vulnerability Management, AntiVirus), Firewall & Networks devices, Storage, Server, Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange and backups.
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems, Microsoft Active Directory,
- Exchange 2013, SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows server 2008/2012/2016.
Global corporate work experience is preferred.
Administration, implementation and maintenance of information security software/tools, policies/protocols, standard operational procedures:
- Administering and managing server and system security and access control.
- Defending systems against attacks.
- Deploying and configuring security tools and policies.
- Communicating of daily user security monitoring and alerts.
- Qualifying and deploying security patches on a regular basis for server and clients.
- Conducting security audits, penetration tests, security vulnerability assessment with policy recommendations.
- Planning, installing, configuring, deploying, and maintaining new security tools, control system or standards.
- Coordinating security improvement plans with external consultants/vendors.
- Ensure ongoing training of employees in security awareness and procedures.
- Collecting, analysing, and communicating new security threats to management and stakeholders.
Support IT operations:
- Monitoring and responding to incident tickets and system alerts.
- Resolving issues and prepare status reviews and incident reports.
- Working with phone/printer suppliers to resolve problems.
- Working with other service providers to restore data/files.
We are in a position where our client can make an informed decision at speed to capture the best available candidates.
If you are looking for your next contract opportunity, then act fast as this opportunity will not be available for long.
If you are interested, then please submit your resume by hitting the APPLY NOW button