Our client well-known information technology servicing organisation currently seeks a Security Analyst. The Security Analyst will ensure IT security controls associated with all platforms, networks and applications, are regularly reviewed for appropriateness. You will ensure the required improvements are implemented within a timely manner, to ensure that any risk of IT security incidents is mitigated and reduced.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify and treat ICT security threats
- Ensure regular security level reviews are conducted and identified and changes implemented promptly
- Ensure Security breaches are identified, investigated and addressed in accordance with our Incident Management policy including but not limited to the implementation of preventative measures or changes into the production environment
- Ensure Virus / Adware / Malware / Spyware and Update protection software are checked weekly and updated within a timely basis
- Run infrastructure and application compliance applications including the daily review of security reports from Splunk
- Provide advice, training and direction to Service Desk staff in the initial processing of security incidents
- Provide advice in aligning the business and ICT systems with the NIST framework
- Develop, implement and manage an ICT security calendar
- Ensure security documentation is maintained and documentation of reviews is stored in the EDRMS (document management system) for at least 12 months
- Experience in developing, implementing, and administering an information security program
- A professional certification is highly desired (i.e. CISSP / CISM / GIAC / SSCP / CCFP)
- Ability to provide advice on emerging trends (security) and identify resulting threats and opportunities
- Experience in the security implications of migrating systems and or data to private cloud, public cloud and co-locations.
- Proven track record in technical planning, deriving roadmaps and evaluating solutions to deliver business requirements and managing the projects
- Experience using SIEM applications such as Splunk, Tripwire
Think this sounds exactly like the role for you? Act fast as this opportunity will not be available for long.!
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ash on 03 8080 7217.