- Initial contract up to 31/8 with a view of 2 x 12 months extensions
- Must be Australian Citizen
Our client, one of Federal Government Agency is looking for a Scrum Master to join their team.
Lead a multi-disciplinary team (including Product Owners) to work across Business Value Chains, Features and Requirements to ensure Business Requirements are properly collected and understood. Scrum Master will also work with various Agile based teams working with the business and ICT to ensure the cross functional requirements are understood and managed.
Role iwll involve the below:
- Ability to set up and facilitate agile events including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Facilitates the team progress including planning, understanding and accountability for achieving the team goals as outlined in their Increment plan;
- Leads the team for continuous improvement, including shaping the design of processes and practices used by the team based on their maturity, ensuring team adherence to the agreed agile process rules
- Supports the product owner by facilitating meetings/team events/rituals (using SAFe practices) to establish a high performing, self-organised and self-disciplined team;
- Eliminates impediments/blockers and escalates to Project Manager or RTE;
- Identifies and analyses risks and opportunities in relation to goal achievement or performance, develop change strategies for consideration of team, and monitor outcomes
- Builds high performing team and communicates with leadership and stakeholders by proactively creating an environment of innovation that utilises all of the disciplines that form a multi-disciplinary team;
- Monitor and manage work output and quality against established performance standards which may include the interpretation of quality analysis and reporting
- Encourage innovation, continuous improvement and manage and lead change
- Coach newer scrum masters to build capability and lead a community of practice to facilitate continued learning and capability across the agency
Skills & Experience,
- Demonstrated experience as a scrum master or in leading multiple agile teams
- Demonstrated experience leading infrastructure and cloud programs that are complex in nature.
- Demonstrated experience using Agile Practices, with a preference for Scaled Agile Framework
- Ability to effectively lead, coach and mentor a team/s while managing competing priorities and changes in strategic direction
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders to ensure positive outcomes
- Ability to embrace and model an agile mindset to deliver business insights and assist organisational change
- Ability to build reporting/dashboards to provide automation of reporting.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
If this sounds like you, PLEASE APPLY NOW or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact John on 03 8080 7260!!!