About the Company
This is a large pioneer in the energy distribution sector and is a leader in their field. The organisation is migrating operational management of its electricity network to an Advanced Distribution Management System.
This system brings together the geospatial, ratings and SCADA representations of its electricity assets into a new control system. This will be used to monitor and operate its electricity distribution network. To reduce risk during the cut-over to the ADMS, the migration plan calls for a period where both the old and the new control systems are required to run in parallel. This has been called the dual maintenance period. The need for suitable resources is required to assist during this period.
Personnel with suitable technical experience and ability are required to maintain the SCADA configuration of the ADMS during the dual maintenance period. This will include implementing SCADA configurations that facilitate communication with asset RTUs and creating the model associations that allow this information to be presented in an electricity network centric view. At the end of dual maintenance, responsibilities of the role will transition to a training function to provide knowledge transfer to internal staff on ADMS SCADA configuration.
Essential Role Criteria:
- Experience in configuring SCADA systems
- Good working knowledge of DNP3 including point addressing
- Good SCADA verification (point-to-point testing) and troubleshooting skills
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and addressing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and domain environments
- Good time management skills when working to a commissioning window deadline
- Good oral communications skills
- Be available to provide on-call support
Desirable Role Criteria:
- Good understanding of high voltage distribution network topology and assets
- Experience performing SCADA configuration in a utility control system environment
- Experience working with "Network Access" and "System Alteration" processes
- Good working knowledge of SCADA protocols and their point addressing techniques (in addition to DNP3)
Special Skills and Knowledge
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge of Operational Technology and ICT disciplines
Knowledge of SCADA and Advanced Applications
Knowledge of Electrical Distribution and/or Transmission Utilities
- Personnel will be required to work in an on-premise office environment in several locations (working from home is not possible).
- Typical working hours are between 7am and 4pm. The position will be embedded within the SCADA Operations group, working closely with both field and control room staff.
- Due to the inherent safety risks associated with controlling high voltage plant, a strict adherence to process will be required.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Eugene on 02 82672467 quoting reference #239848
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.