About the role
Our client is a leading wealth management organization. They are looking for a Junior Procurement Consultant who will coordinate and provide administrative support for procurement activities across the business.
This is a 12-month contract role.
This role reports to the Director, Procurement and Commercial Services.
You would be involved in:
- Understanding and analysing commercial and procurement requirements from various stakeholders
- Working closely with key stakeholders and the Legal team to ensure that the Procurement Pipeline is accurate, correctly prioritised and up to date
- Performing contract administration, review, extensions/renewals, and resolution of contract-related issues
- Maintaining and updating the contracts register, ensuring key information and renewal/ expiry/ action dates are accurately captured and provide sufficient lead time to manage contracts in a timely manner and to optimise outcomes for the Buyer
- Monitoring of vendor performance against contractual obligations and performance metrics
- Developing and executing the vendor management framework to uplift and mature the relationship with key suppliers, including uplifting performance and moving key partnerships to a more strategic level
- Ensures that the Travel Management Company (TMC) relationship is appropriately managed through regular reporting and evaluation of vendor performance in alignment with required standards
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- Tertiary qualified in procurement, business management or similar relevant discipline.
- Trained in procurement approaches or methodology.
- Have a solid understanding of financial services organisations
- Managing procurement activities across a diverse organisation.
- Implementation of continuous improvement activities across procurement and travel.
- Working closely with key functions such as Finance across an organisation.
- Working in complex environments with multiple, interdependent initiatives.
- Demonstrate high level understanding of procurement methodologies and processes.
- Experience in government, finance or investment business environment
What is in it for you:
- Flexible working environment
- Challenging projects in pipeline
- Inclusive, supportive & collaborative small team
- Stakeholder management, negotiation & strong communication skills
- Commercial acumen paired with value for money
- Procurement Management
- Problem-solving with a view for continuous improvement
- Consultative approach and outcome focused
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Rhea Paul on 0380807218 and quote job #244276