ACSC is working with critical infrastructure owners and operators to understand and uplift their cyber security and working with Australian Government agencies to strengthen their cyber security and implement the ACSC's Essential Eight mitigation strategies. The work will be informed and supported by the ACSC's ongoing technical cyber security advice and guidance.
The ICT Network Security Engineer plans, implements, and operates network services/systems, to include hardware and virtual environments.
The person will possess broad knowledge in:
- Computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies,
- Communication methods, principles, and concepts that support the network infrastructure,
- Information Technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g. firewalls, demilitarised zones, encryption), and
- Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g. application of defense-in-depth).
The person will possess skills in:
- Implementing, maintaining, and improving established network practices,
- Configuring and utilising network protection components (e.g. firewalls, VPN's, network intrusion detection systems),
- Using network management tools to analyse network traffic patterns and interpreting the information collected, and
- Securing network communications.
The ICT Network Security Engineer's major responsibilities include:
- Provide feedback on network requirements, including network architecture and infrastructure,
- Provide feedback on configuring and utilising network protection components (e.g. firewalls, VPN's, network intrusion detection systems),
- Provide feedback on maintaining network infrastructure devices and network backup and recovery procedures,
- Integrate new system is into existing network architecture, and
- Diagnose network connectivity problems.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must have minimum NV1 security clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 207641
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.