Our client is a Government Department. They are currently looking for a Database Administrator to provide technical expertise within the SQL Server and Oracle Database streams of work.
The role requires extensive knowledge of and experience in relational database technologies, specifically Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Platforms - including SQL Server Always-On and Oracle MAA technologies. The aim of the role is to assist in patching, upgrading and consolidating databases, and continually refreshing the database infrastructures in order to ensure ongoing operational stability and currency, with minimal disruption to business and working within the change management process.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Responsible for refresh of SQL Server and Oracle databases and associated database management processes;
- Responsible for migration of applications and data from legacy database servers and operating systems to strategic platforms (virtualized and consolidated);
- Work closely with Technology support teams and applications teams to coordinate migrations while ensuring minimal disruption to business;
- Assist in patching and upgrading of databases and associated infrastructure
- Evaluate suitability of Cloud Hosting options for SQL databases in future and subsequent impact to operational processes;
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in SQL Server and Oracle database technologies on various server platforms e.g. Physical servers, virtualized and consolidated, Cloud hosting;
- Demonstrated experience in migrating databases and data from legacy platforms to new platforms - hardware and operating systems;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing DADR and backup/Restore solutions for databases
- Demonstrated experience to be able to coordinate amongst several operational and applications teams to implement a solution;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of various versions of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle environments sufficient to support upgrades across a diverse range of applications and business users;
- Demonstrated high level of drive, determination and organizational skills in overcoming project obstacles to meet targets
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #237688