We are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer/Data Scientist to work with one of Australia's leading companies. This role is a 6-month contract role and gives the flexibility of working in the office and working from home!
This job responsibilities for this role includes:
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and R
- Design, review and present technical infrastructure solutions to solve business use cases
- Document and showcase technical features or fixes
To be a suitable candidate, you must have:
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts including ETL mechanisms
- Experience building and deploying a range of data engineering pipelines into production, including using automation best practices for CI/CD
- Familiarity with a full range of data engineering approaches, covering theoretical best practices and the technical applications of these methods
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- At least 2 years relevant experience across Cloud Technologies with 6+ years of experience
- Exposure to Data Factory, Spark and Databricks
- Expert knowledge of SQL/PL-SQL programming.
- Demonstrated experience with coding languages such as Scala, Python, R and SQL
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
- Strong cloud skills (preferably with Microsoft Azure)
- Experience utilising productivity applications such as Git, Jira or Confluence
This role does require Australian Citizenship
If you have the experience to be successful and seek your next career opportunity, please APPLY NOW or call Sajith Perera on 8080 7216 for more information.